Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Test run.


The Jazzhole. It's one of the last speak-easy clubs in Newark. Password required & everything. I was treated to this beautiful hole-in-the-wall by Chuck Treble a couple nights back. Don't let the name deceive you, it's not exclusively a jazz club. The DJ bumped some dusty jazz records, but it was classic hip hop night, so he followed the main theme of the evening with a little Sugar Hill, Kurtis Blow, Funky Four Plus One, Afrika Bambaataa, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, 2 Live Crew, Public Enemy & a slew of others.

The best part of the club is that they turn a blind eye to chiefing. Everyone was smoking bud. I got to try some of the new shit Treb's been spreading around Market Street. I was blitzed immediately. We took down the entire blunt, although I could of stopped about 3 hits in, but I wanted to touch the sky. I did.

After the blizz & few shots of Jack deep, we headed to Chuck's home studio, Killa Kush Studio. He played me a new track he recorded over a Bobby Baghdad beat. Both sounded really tight. The track was a test song for the next Wine Thieves EP that Treb will do a spot on. The beat he'll be joining Hype on hasn't been picked yet, but from the sound of things The Lost Son is ready for the main event. I'm looking forward to hearing Hype & Treb spit back and forth over one of my new jams.

More to come in the near future. Peace.

- Party.picasssssssssssssssssssso

No comments: