Thursday, July 2, 2009

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?


Practice! John Practice. For some reason, whenever I hear this 100 year old saying/joke, I can't help but remember 'The Last Action Hero' & that memorable line by the Governator.

That aside, I'm going up to the Wilds once again to tweak the Wine Thieves performance with Hyper Since the Highchair. I've been doing some practicing on my own time, so I'm feeling good about this rehearsal. The 3 hour drive comes yet again, but I'm feeling it yet again. I'm ready for a good & long drive. I just hope nothing fucked up happens to my trunk again, or any part of my car for that matter (I'm knocking on my wood table, if you're wondering).

9am, Monday morning is the time I'm leaving my apartment to head for Covington. So, I'm getting an early start. We're probably gonna practice all afternoon & evening, but we have some post-EP stuff to handle too, so it's gonna be a busy day & a half. Should be fun though. Expect a full 'report' on it Tuesday night-ish.

Little side note for those interested, the one & only Chuck Treble (see many blogs below) gave me a call last night from Market St. He's dying to get on a new Thieves track. I guess he heard through the grapevine about the 'new project' the Wine Thieves are cooking up. He even knew the concept, have no clue how; maybe Stretch told him. I should have never introduced those two.

Come back soon for more on that ...

Last things last, the photo above was taken from every one's favorite information station, Wikipedia. It's a propaganda poster from 1935. This is why my grandfather feels so strongly about keeping marijuana illegal. Wacky cigarettes. Beware! This my be handed you (people?) ... is that proper English?

til the next,

- picas

No comments: