Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I huff & I puff ...


So, Hype's passing the performance torch down to Lil' Hype Jr. He's playing Pig Numero Uno in "The Three Little Pigs." I remember living up by Hype's years ago & Jr. didn't even know what a pig was, now look at him. Crazy.

The weird thing is Hype's in the Garden State tonight for the first time in a long while & we can't even meet up due to conflicting schedules & all that. Spilled milk, wah wah. I hope he digs the digs (aka Quality Inn) up in Netcong cause there's nothing like a good hotel outing. Meanwhile, I'm fucking dying in the humid as shit Pennsylvania, although I'm pretty sure it's humid up there too.

On the plus side, I utilized this deathly heat to my advantage. I composed a beat earlier today that has all the smog & sweat that the tri-state can muster on a sticky summerish day. It's one of those bottom heavy beats with a hypnotic stagger to it. I can literally see the E-ed out chick konking out from dehydration on the floor while this shit knocks out the speakers. Definitely a water-bottle-joint. I hope Hype digs it as much as I do.

Speaking of o'Dermic, he's been churning out some lyrics for the new tracks this past week. Things seem to be running smoothly. We're both in agreement that this new music can't be fully approached as hip hop tracks. I don't mean that in the cocky way, I just think we have reached a point where we want to go a little beyond the norm. I'll never call it progressive hip hop, but some geek-ass-mafug in his mom's basement just might.

That's about it for now. Things are going good. And Hype & I have a session @ the Buzz Studios in about a week & a half, so expect pictures & all that shit.

Oh yeah, & Styles & Chuck got arrested for marijuana possesion in Danville. Fucking pigs ... and we're back to pigs, nice.

Peace,

party.picasshole.

No comments: