Thursday, June 4, 2009

3 Hours & Covington Kings




I'm heading up to Covington next week to chill with Hype. We're gonna celebrate the release of the 'Sex & Co.' demo with some smoke & freestyle. I'm looking forward to it. I'm even looking forward to the 3 hour drive it takes to get there. I get to roll down 80 West for a long while, then Amishville (represented in top photo), pass thru Williamsport, climb up a curvy hill & finally hit Blossburg (where I once lived for a short time).

On the way up I'm gonna be bumpin' Madlib's 'Beat Konducta, Vol. 5-6: Dil Cosby & Dil Withers Suite' to keep the trip rolling. I'm in love with this record. I'm a huge fan of Madlib & the Beat Konducta series, but this one is my personal favorite. It pays tribute to the late J Dilla & I feel Madlib captures the essence of Dilla beautifully. The time will fly by. So will a lot of cigarettes.

I hope to make a lot of bud salads once I arrive @ Hype's. We gotta reach new levels. It'll be a chill state of mind to be in while we discuss a set list, which we'll post sometime next week. I'm very excited to have some shows set up. I think that's gonna be the core of the Wine Thieves. Whenever Hype & I have performed in our past projects we seem to bring out a new element to the music on stage, which is extremely fun. In fact, I think I'm gonna bring my MPC & my ghetto Casio with me so we can practice over some instrumentals; Hype's got killer speakers.

Anyway, more about that later. Like I said before, I'll be posting some shows up @ the end of the next week after the trip. I'll put up some photos, too. Blogs are such a great excuse to take pictures, especially on a road trip to Hype's town.

Til next time,

Party

No comments: