Saturday, April 25, 2009

Long story long ...


Fellow criminals & music lovers,


It's one of those faux-summer spring days outside. 80 degrees up here in the wilds... that's warm even for summer... but i'm indoors blogging (which isn't even a real word, by the way. In my day they called it writing).


...there's a chicken barbecue down the road too.. bunch of bikers raising money for something, I don't know... they have a whole smokey pit of BBQ chicken and when the wind catches it just right... so good! If I could just muster the strength to venture... but I'm much too sick. beat down, joint-ache, snot-face sick. Got this way thru a combination of germs, an unbalanced unhealthy lifestyle, and that 50 hours straight i was awake last weekend... or whenever it was. Even my brain feels jet-lagged from the whole experience...


Long story long ...


...had a rear tire going flat, so i filled it with air. (75 cents for air, by the way!) went to work that day worrying about the tire going flat, punched out at 5pm to find a flat front right. This is ten minutes before I left for the studio...



well, I managed to bum a ride, and drive that beast up to party's place. 3 hours on just as many roads. It's a trip! Party & I made it up to Bennett Studios for some mixing. (I had already done the vocals with gum at Bennett a few weeks back... that's an entirely different story, where gum turns me on to machine elves!? You know, fractal elves!? Mind trolls!!??)


So, we jump down the rabbit hole... me and Party mixing with gumshu for some non-stop (literally, not stopping--for anything) fourteen hours. It was all a blur... I remember some good music in there tho. Real good! And some nice mixes via gumshu. party and I gave our input, paced, scowled, fixed-it, smiled, nodded.. a few cig breaks, but i quit... so i only took the social drag. Which was disastrous. not that I'm smoking again. I'm not. But when you don't smoke (anymore) even an American Spirit tears up the lungage. I'm sure the social drag contributed to this entire drag of being sick. UGH!.


..flashback interrupted by people blowing me up... no, i will NOT enjoy the weather with you today! I'm spent.


Seriously... we've spent so much money, time, health and blood on this EP... we have invested the proverbial blood, perspiration, and tears.. nobody has any idea. Except me, party and gum. And hopefully everyone who hear that in our new album/EP 'Sex & Co.'


time for a nap.



Peace, Hype of the Thieves

No comments: