Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dunkin' Dilla's & more



I was taking another listen to "Donuts" by Dilla the other day. I did nothing but listen to it when it came out & then put it to rest for awhile. Taking it out of retirement, I remembered how tight it is. Dilla was an incredible sampler. He knew what fit. He also had that Dilla groove. Not mechanical at all. Just raw. I love things raw. It's what's real. Just thought I'd throw that thought in.

On The Wine Thieves tip, we're waiting to see it Saturday's gonna be the day for Session #1: the instrumental session. Gumshu's gonna let us know by Friday. If we get studio time, we're finalizing the instrumentals like I said in previous posts. All the live ish & what not. So we'll see what goes done.

On the vocal side, Hype's finishing up the lyrics to the final, final song for the EP. And he's ready to go for Session #2: the vocal session.

So everything is coming together very nicely. The album is still on schedule. Should definitely be out by July 31st. Speaking of which, we are working on setting up a spot for the release party. Keep you posted on all that jazz.

Eat a donut,

Peace, Party

No comments: